Dishes served on a bed spinach are called “florentine.”
FreshBox Team Member
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. FreshBox Farms Spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 small onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the parsley, small dice the onion, mince the garlic.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat. While pan heats, salt and pepper the chicken breasts on both sides, then dredge in flour.
- Once pan is hot, add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Place chicken on a plate, cover with tinfoil, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp butter. When melted, add the onions and garlic,
season with salt and pepper to taste, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and turn the heat up to medium high. Bring to a boil and let the liquid reduce, about 3 minutes.
- When slightly thickened, add the cream and let boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with any juices. Toss to coat. Turn heat to low and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook until just wilted.
- Plate the spinach, add the chicken, then top with the sauce. Cin cin!
Share this Recipe!