Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
By: Sonia Lo
CEO of FreshBox Farms
- Boneless Turkey Breast; skin on
- 3 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
- ½ onion, grated
- 3 sprigs thyme, stripped off the stem
- 2 tablespoons dried sage (or 3 tablespoons fresh sage)
- 1 small sprig rosemary, stripped off the stem
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
Heat oven to 400F.
Finely chop the herbs, crumble the stock cube and add to the salted butter. Add the grated onion. Mix together to form a thick paste.
Gently lift the skin of the turkey away from the meat and spread the paste onto the meat. Spread as evenly as possible over the meat. If there is any left over, turn the breast over and spread onto the meat. Use the salt and pepper to season the underside of the meat.
Roast for 1.5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165F.
Let rest and carve. Remove from the pan and add ½ cup of boiling water – keep as a gravy to moisten the meat.
Share this Recipe!